Tuesday 11 June 2013

Reading

I have always loved reading, what better thing is there to do?
You can escape from your current world and live in another for a brief period of time.
I began devouring (not literally!) Jacqueline Wilson's novels when I was a child and they led me onto Anne Cassidy's teenage thrillers, Cathy Cassidy's children's rom-com/domestic novels and then onto Julie-Anne Peters's LGBT novels (when I realised I was gay and was sick of reading teen romances about girls falling for boys!)
I have several books that once I had finished I never thought I'd read another as good:

-Before I Go To Sleep by S.J Watson
-Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
-Sugar Rush and Sweet by Julie Burchill
-Pages For You by Sylvia Brownrigg
-Girl Walking Backwards by Bett Williams
-Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult
-The Pact by Jodi Picoult
-The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

I highly recommend all the above reads, if you click on the title of the novel above you will get a link to purchase it on Amazon.co.uk. They are amazing novels and really grabbed me, these authors are also amazing and so inspirational. Read my post about Sylvia Plath and her novel The Bell Jar.



No comments:

Post a Comment