Thursday 6 June 2013

Kindles...yes or no?

Isn't it flash?!
What do you all think of kindles?
I have mixed opinions.
I got one for my seventeenth birthday in August 2012, the only reason being because I have TOO MANY BOOKS. Literally, my bookshelf is choc-a-block, I have piles of them over my floor, on my desk, in my mum and brother's bookshelf and along my windowsill. 
Too many. I told myself.
The pros and cons of having a kindle include: not having the 'book' feel. The crisp fresh new smell and touch a book has when you purchase it, being able to use books as gadgets such as tea stands and shelves for things. Turning pages. The general magical feel of a book. Flicking through the pages. Storing them on bookshelves in a line with the author's name displayed proudly, or awkwardly if it's something raunchy!
Kindles mean you can take as many books around with you as you like, which is ideal for holidays and long trips. You can buy new books with the click of a button, you don't have to have books cluttering up your house (and mind) and you know they are all in ONE PLACE.
So...what do you all think - Kindles, yes or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment