Thursday 2 March 2017

Psychotic Catatonic Night Out: My Trip on Weed

So it was my second night in Amsterdam and after an embarrassing fake ‘hemp chocolate bar’ we decided to try the real thing and went to a coffee shop and ordered tea and a ‘space brownie.’
Waiting for the effects to begin was quite nerve wracking. I suddenly started to feel odd. I felt like everything was spinning and my girlfriend’s face was moving and blurry. It wasn’t like being drunk, it was like nothing I had ever felt before, and not in a good way. It didn’t chill me out, I wasn’t high I was psychotic. The last thing I remember before my episode began was clambering onto my girlfriend’s lap to feel safe. Then I spaced out. I didn’t speak for 6 hours. I took my clothes off in public and started touching myself inappropriately, I was talking to people who weren’t there, and whispering song lyrics. I was off my rocker. It was like I had taken cocaine, not cannabis.
I remember coming round in the hotel lobby with a plate of food under my nose. It was funny now I look back at it, but at the time it was terrifying. I remember feeling like my heart was racing so fast it would stop and talking to people in my head.
Not everyone reacts the same to drugs and weed did not chill me out. I have mental health issues and am on strong medication and it may have reacted to my meds but I can’t imagine what I’d be like on anything stronger than cannabis, considering even on alcohol I’m a demon.

No comments:

Post a Comment