Sunday 16 April 2017

Sensory Overload Episode

How it feels: A sensory overload, depersonalisation derealisation disorder


Everything is too much. Too bright, too loud, too sharp round the edges and the only thing I can do is go in a dark room and shut my eyes. I am spaced out, not myself, in a dream and nothing feels real. Writing this the words blur into each other and pierce at my skin. I haven’t been able to watch TV or read properly in months now, due to anxiety and the anxiety pill I used to take for it doesn’t work because I’ve got myself tolerant to it so it doesn’t work anymore. I write this after crawling round my flat shielding myself from inanimate objects that feel like a threat. Dissociation is something I’ve got used to in my life, I’ve experienced it for years, but lately it’s got so bad I don’t know if I’m awake or sleep. Let me go and lie down in a dark room until this passes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment